Lowry Mill has an on-site team to provide a full range of facility services. There is 24/7 access for tenants and Lowry Mill is continuously manned.
- Substantial front of house with reception services
- 24/7 access for tenants
- Beautifully themed feature restaurant & break out area with WiFi
- Superb conference room available to hire
- Fully equipped and professionally run gymnasium
- Three spacious passenger lifts
- Storage and document archive services on site
- 250 on-site car parking spaces with electric vehicle recharge points
- Secure cycle storage area
- Individually programmable access control to tenant suites and other areas
- Friendly and efficient on-site management and service team
- Close to shops and other local amenities
“Lowry Mill offered us the advantage of an ideal location, excellent facilities and accommodation set out to our specific requirements.”
Robert Field, Managing Director, Italik Ltd.
Lowry Mill, formerly Newtown Mill, was built in 1883 and is the only mill left standing out of seven in the district.
L.S. Lowry (1887-1976) was born soon after the mill was brought into service and lived a few hundred yards away at 117 Station Road from the age of 25 until he was 61. Lowry Mill, which still retains its tall mill tower, is a Victorian masterpiece standing on 2.4 acres of land adjacent to the Borough Bowling Green. The scene is depicted in Lowry’s “Newton Mill and Bowling Club” c. 1928. Lowry regularly collected rents at the mill as part of his employment at the Pall Mall Property Company.
The mill was built next to the Newton Colliery and was originally operated by John Knowles and Sons, cotton spinners and manufacturers. The mill housed some 83,000 spindles. John Ashworth purchased the mill in 1902 and held it until the 1930′s when it was passed to the Lancashire Cotton Corporation. From 1964 until 2008 the mill was occupied by Dorma Group, a division of Coats Viyella Plc, who manufacture household linen and soft furnishing.
Tens of thousands of local people passed through the doors in the manufacturing heydays. Following a multi-million investment programme by Vanguard Holdings, Lowry Mill is once again humming with the sound of workers.